Complaints Policy

Here at Auto-Mech Cheddar Ltd we have a Code of Practice. This code shows our commitment to providing our customer the best service we can.

Our Code of Practice?

The Motor Industry, Code of Practice for Service and Repair (the code) commits garages to an open, transparent and fair way of doing business. By Subscribing to the Code, a garage is demonstrating its commitment to operate as a responsible business. All Garages that subscribe to the Code have committed to:

  • honest and fair services
  • open and transparent pricing
  • completing work as agreed
  • invoices that match quoted prices
  • competent and conscientious staff
  • a straightforward, swift complaints procedure.

Warranty Procedure

First make sure you have the invoice/receipt of the warranty item. Then speak to us here at Auto-Mech Cheddar Ltd and we will discuss your options with you. Some product warranty?s last different periods of time, most have a year or within a set mileage, other products like batteries have a set 2,3 or 5 year warranty span.
What do I do if I want to complain?

In the first instance you would complain to us here at Auto-Mech Cheddar Ltd and speak to the Customer Relations Representative, whose name(s) can be found below. Any verbal complaints will be dealt with immediately and letters should receive an initial reply from us within 10 working days of receipt. If attempts to reach a satisfactory solution fail, you may use ADR and contact the National Conciliation Service (NCS) to take the matter further.

Customer Relations Representative:

Andrew Jones (Managing Director) and/or Ashley Jones (Manager)

What is ADR?

Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) is a means of settling disputes without resorting to the courts. Settling disputes is typically faster and cheaper for both consumer (you) and the trader (Auto-Mech Cheddar).

When to use ADR?

Consumers (you) should always try and to resolve a complaint with a trader directly before referring your case to an ADR service. Many traders have their own internal processes and policies and will look to come to an agreeable arrangement before using ADR.

However, if you have exhausted all internal processes and a suitable agreement cannot be reached, then ADR can help settle your dispute.

If a consumer is dissatisfied with the NCS at any point, the consumer can withdraw their case from us and is free to pursue other forms of redress, including court action.

The National Conciliation Service

  • is an independent service
  • offers advice, mediation and arbitration or, exceptionally adjudication
  • accepts complaint between EU residents and subscribers to the NCS

How do I contact the National Conciliation Service?

To submit a complaint or enquiry: